Frequently Asked Questions
Conditions of Contract, etc.
- Q-1 Is it necessary to use an individual's name when signing up?
A-1 Yes, please be sure to register using an individual's name.
- The subscriber's individual name is required when making inquiries and confirming details of the contract. Please register for the service using the full name of the subscriber.
- Q-2 Can I receive an invoice, a receipt and a quote in English?
A-2 Use the Inquiry Form to contact us.
- For an English invoice, quote and receipt, please contact us using the Inquiry Form. When making a request, please include the name of the subscriber and the customer reference number. An invoice and a quote will be dispatched on receipt of your Inquiry Form and a receipt will be issued on confirmation of payment of the subscription fees. Please note that it may take up to 2 to 3 weeks before we can confirm receipt of your payment if your payment is made with the payment slip.
- Q-3 How soon can I start using the service after I sign up for a subscription?
A-3 Your subscription will start immediately after the application.
- The agreement is established upon the dispatch of a confirmation message by e-mail (a notice of our consent to your subscription). Billing will start on the 1st of the following month after we receive your application.
- Q-4 Can I share my access rights?
A-4 No, access rights cannot be shared.
- Access rights (user ID, password) cannot be shared. We do not issue multiple access rights on a single subscription contract.
- Q-5 Can you issue multiple user IDs?
A-5 Only 1 User ID per subscription will be issued.
- Only the User ID that is registered with Nikkei for each subscription can be used to access Nikkei Real Estate Market Report. A user ID cannot be shared by multiple users.
- Q-6 I subscribe to the Japanese version of the Nikkei Real Estate Market Report. Can I use my ID and password for the Japanese version to access the English site?
A-6 No, you cannot access the English site unless you subscribe to the English version.
- The Japanese version of the Nikkei Real Estate Market Report and the English version of the site are two different services. To view the content on the English site, please subscribe to the English version of the Nikkei Real Estate Market Report.
- Q-7 Where do I find my customer reference number?
A-7 Refer to the confirmation letter sent to you at the time of executing the agreement.
- Your customer reference number can be found in the confirmation letter sent to you at the time of executing the agreement. Your subscription number is a ten-digit number starting with "670".
- Q-8 How do I make notification of a change of name or address?
A-8 Contact us using the Inquiry Form.
- When using the Inquiry Form, please indicate the name of the subscriber and the customer reference number. The customer reference number is the ten-digit number starting with "670" provided in the confirmation letter sent to you at the time of executing the agreement. If you cannot find your subscription number, please let us know the name, the company's name and the address of the subscriber.
- Q-9 How do I renew my subscription for the service?
A-9 Contracts concluded with subscribers in Japan will be automatically renewed. We will give advance notice on the end of the contract term and procedures for renewal of contracts to subscribers outside Japan.
- Q-10 How do I cancel my subscription
A-10 Please contact us.
- Subscription cancellation before the end of the contract term must be made by the 20th of the month prior to the actual month of cancellation. The refund amount will be calculated by the number of months the service was provided.
User ID, Password, Computer Operating Environment, etc.
- Q-11 I suddenly lost access to the service.
A-11 Multiple simultaneous logins are not allowed on the same User ID.
- Somebody else may be logged in using the same ID. Nikkei Real Estate Market Report allows only one login at a time for each user ID, which is issued by Nikkei for each subscription. Multiple logins cannot be made with a single user ID.
- Q-12 I need to enter my user ID and password frequently.
A-12 Please check your browser's cookie settings.
- Your user ID and password are stored in a file called a cookie on your computer. Our site sets the expiration period of cookies as 7 days and you will not need to enter your user ID and password for 7 days once they are stored. However, if the expiration period for cookies is set shorter on your computer, the cookie is valid only for that specific period. If you wish to change your cookie settings, check your browser's HELP file.
Another possibility is that somebody else is logged in using the same user ID and password. Our website does not allow multiple simultaneous accesses on a single user ID.
- Q-13 Are the user ID and password case sensitive?
A-13 Yes, our system distinguishes between upper and lower case letters.
- Q-14 Is access limited to specific hours of the day?
A-14 No. You can access our website/database 24 hours a day.
- Access may be denied for a few minutes due to maintenance on an irregular basis, in which case an announcement will be made on the top page.
- Q-15 I still cannot login after going through all the Q&As.
A-15 Please contact us using the Inquiry Form.
- Please describe your operating environment (the version of computer OS, the type and version of your browser) and the type of error message that you are receiving on the Inquiry Form and contact us.
Inquiries About Published Content and Advertisements
- Q-16 How can I make inquiries or leave comments on published content?
A-16 Please contact us using the Inquiry Form.
- Q-17 How can I inquire about placing an advertisement?
A-17 Please contact us using the Inquiry Form.